It’s Important To You. It’s Important To Us.
Photo of John A. Tinney

Holding Negligent Property Owners Accountable

Have you been hurt at a store, restaurant, bar, hotel or any other business? Do you believe that the owner of the business was negligent? You may be able to file a claim to get compensation for medical bills, lost wages and other expenses.

Personal injury claims against property owners are referred to as premises liability claims. At the Roanoke office of John A. Tinney, Attorney at Law we have more than 40 years of experience holding property owners accountable for their negligence. We will build a strong claim designed to get you the money you need to recover.

Compensation For Slip-And-Fall Accidents

Many of the premises liability cases we handle involve people who were injured because they either slipped on a slippery surface or tripped over a crack or an object in a walkway. We also handle claims involving falls down stairs or escalators.

For a slip-and-fall accident claim to be successful, there must be evidence that the property owner knew about the hazard and could have prevented it, or should have known about the hazard. For example, if an employee spotted a spill or some other danger and ignored it, rather than cleaning it up, that is a sign of negligence. On the other hand, if a spill occurred and the accident followed soon after, without sufficient time for the property owner to react, there may not be a strong claim. Whatever the case may be, we encourage you to talk to a lawyer to find out whether action can be taken to get you compensation.

Other Forms Of Property Owner Negligence

Property owner negligence is not limited to slip-and-fall accidents. We can also handle cases involving:

  • Staircase accidents
  • Escalator accidents
  • Elevator accidents
  • Swimming pool accidents
  • Assault due to negligent security
  • Falling objects

Contact Us For A Free Consultation

We will evaluate your case for free and determine whether you can pursue a claim for property owner negligence. Call 334-219-2546 or send us an email today.